Corona & Pregnancy
The scientific studies so far still indicate that COVID-19 expresses similarly during pregnancy as it does outside of pregnancy, and that the risks to the baby have so far been minimal. And based on the current knowledge, there is no increased risk of miscarriage or birth defects attributable to an infection with the novel coronavirus.
What can you do to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and protect yourself:
1) Wash your hands regularly (20 sec)
2) Keep distance 1,5 meter
3) Cough or sneeze in a (always new) tissue paper or in the inside of your elbow
4) When you have symptoms (fever, respiratory complaints such as coughing, common cold, sneezing, shortness of breath) please don’t visit the practice and stay home from work.
“We are here for you 24/7”
Prenatal check-ups during Corona
Almost all the check-ups will be at the practice as normal. Below the schedule as we follow it now:
• First meeting: by telephone or video call or a physical visit at our clinic (our assistant will set the appointment with you)
• Term ultrasound: ultrasound center (Echo Amsterdam)
• Information on prenatal testing: by telephone
• 11 or 12 weeks: bloodsampling for pregnancy bloods and the possibility to do NIPT at SHO in the Echocenter
• 13- 16 weeks: check-up at the practice (with partner if desired)
• 19-21 weeks: ultrasound at the ultrasound center + telephone contact
• 24 weeks: check-up at the practice or telephone contact
• 27 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 30 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 33 weeks: check-up at the practice
• Discussing the birth-plan: by telephone, video consultation or during your 35-week check-up
• 35 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 37 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 39 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 40 weeks: check-up at the practice
• 41 weeks: home check-up/stripping
Partners and children
We welcome you again together to the check-ups.
Location South and Badhoevedorp
South – Team Yellow: We will start the consultation hour at the location in South again from June 12th. Though the partners will be able to participate in the check-up appointments again a bit later in South then on the main location, expected from mid-July.
Badhoevedorp – Team Red: The checks will take place at the agreed location, including in Badhoevedorp.
One extra person is allowed during the ultrasound (no children). And ultrasounds at one’s own request can be scheduled again at Echo Amsterdam.
Corona and giving birth
The partner is allowed to attend during the process of labour and birth. However in half of the Amsterdam hospitals no extra person is allowed to attend. During a homebirth with us however, an extra person is allowed. Since may 28 in OLVG n extra person, like a doula, is allowed. Offcourse if that person has no symptoms.